Working Towards a Better Tomorrow
Dealing with the challenges of today requires problem-solvers who bring different perspectives and are willing to take risks. The Botswana Youth Empowerment Projects emerged out of a pursuit to inspire and support the community, and a desire for actions to speak louder than words. Established in 2016, we’re an organization driven by progressive ideas, bold actions, and a strong foundation of support. Contact us to learn more and get involved.
Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
- Here at The Botswana Youth Empowerment Projects, we are driven by a single goal; to do our part in making the world a better place for all. Our decision making process is informed by comprehensive empirical studies and high quality data evaluation. We strive to build productive relationships and make a positive impact with all of our pursuits.Our founder valued the abilities of youths and recognized that if given good platforms for success, there was nothing they could not achieve. The thought of forming a youth association arose, and was coined BYEP in August of 2015. Quickly, our founder found that the need for a youth program in Botswana with our goals was much needed, and so our initiative took off quickly. Today, we cater to a global forum, exposing our youth to the opportunities available to them. We run a variety of youth led conferences both at home, and abroad that we are able to bring those we work with, helping them network, gain vital global experience, and letting them be exposed to a global business perspective.
Moreover all, we help provide different opportunities for the young people based on identified needs and now we target rural communities to develop projects that can generate income for them through short-long term enterprising projects.
How long has your Organisation been operational?
- Since May 2016
In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
- The most challenging aspect in smooth running in that we actually do not have funding to carry out our work and we need to train our members on how to use soft wares that are for basic ICT advantages. We have a very strong team but these identified areas is what is pulling us back indeed.
Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
- A dynamic progression.
Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
- We have a number of entities we both collaborate and affiliate with and I will like to mention.
Gaborone Public Library, Botswana National Youth Council, Sisebenza Kahle group, ICANN, ISOC, GGC–USA and now government ministries are interested to collaborate with us.
If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
- We want and will be championing premium model for youth empowerment in Africa.
In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
- Writing project/grant proposalSkills in research to get global opportunities and
consistence NGO members commitment due to volunteerism(no financial gain).
Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
- The advise to newbie organization is to have passion for mandate and the relevant members with the right skills to push the organization’s mission and vision forward. This newbie setups should also from time to time train members on critical areas of development such as leadership, presentation skills, branding imaging as an individual representing the organization to mention but a few.
If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
- Well this is a very tough question. I will change the way Nonprofit has been re orientated in people. I will change that members of Nonprofit should be able to think broad to develop innovative ways where sustainable income will be met even if there is a source for donations or grants over a period of time.
Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links
- The hosting of the 2017 SME training together with our Austria partner for school levers.https://europa.eu/capacity4dev/aid-support/event/harnessing-power-social-media-small-and-medium-size-businesses-botswana
Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
- A great vision