Opportunity closing date: Sunday, 30 June, 2019
Opportunity type: Employment
About Phambano Technology Development Centre NPC
Phambano Technology Development Centre NPC is a purpose-driven organisation that provides sustainable technology- related solutions to civil society organisations across Southern Africa that work with social justice matters.
Purpose of Job:
Phambano Technology Development Centre NPC is seeking a highly motivated Bookkeeper to join their Braamfontein (Johannesburg) team. The Bookkeeper will maintain effective financial management systems and procedures on a daily basis. The Bookkeeper will report directly to the Financial leadership team and will work alongside the organisation’s Accountant, Treasurer and Auditor. This role requires effective financial management systems and procedures in compliance with statutory / contractual agreements and governance.
- Reporting to the Financial Leadership team:
- Daily capturing of Client and Supplier Invoices and Purchase Orders.
- Daily capturing of Payments received.
- Weekly Supplier Payment creation and review before payment release.
- Ensure budgetary needs are met.
- Petty Cash Management.
- Preparation of stakeholder reports alongside treasurer and accountant.
- Monitoring and reporting of any contractual, financial and compliance risks with Management.
- Responds to queries from Customers, Suppliers and Donors relating to Financial Matters.
- Create and maintains permanent soft, hard and digital files of all financial records.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant Bookkeeping Qualification.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience as a Bookkeeper.
- Understanding of NPO, NPC, PBO and VAT reporting structures and governance requirements
- Advanced knowledge of financial systems
- Advanced use of SAGE Accounting systems
- Ability to communicate and explain information, processes, timeframes and deadlines
- Advanced Computer Literacy (Ms. Office)
- Interpersonal Skills
- Financial Administration Skills
- Report writing skills
- Problem solving
- Time Management
Interested candidates are to forward their CV and a mandatory one-page cover letter to Arnold Netshambidi (firstname.lastname@example.org). The closing date for applications is Sunday 30 June 2019. Please do not apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements. Your cover letter should address how you meet the minimum requirements listed under Qualifications and Experience and your salary expectation. Applications without a cover letter or a cover letter of more than one page will NOT be reviewed.
If you do not hear from us after 1 month kindly, consider your application unsuccessful. Phambano Technology Development Centre NPC reserves the right not to appoint for this vacant position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com