- Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
We are an after school educational performing arts foundation providing exceptional life skill development skills through innovative acting, singing and dancing programmes. We have age categories ranging from 5 years to 20 years old catering for all children from homes that can not afford private extra mural activities. Our set weekly programme includes: African Contemporary, Ballet, Hip-Hop, Rhythm & Music dance classes and Speech & Drama, Djembe Drumming, Singing & Musical Theatre. Our ad hoc workshops cover many elements of life skill development including educational workshop about female health, romantic and sexual health, domestic violence, alcohol, drugs and gang influences, the rights of a child, emotional, mental and physical well-being, overcoming challenges in the home, at school and in the community etc.
- How long has your Organisation been operational?
2 years and 8 months
- In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
Funding and daily operations
- Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
Watching change unfold
- Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
Harvest Youth, Silikamva High School, Community Cohesion
- If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
Our own building with 6 studios.
- In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
- Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
Run your organisation like a successful business, building solid governance and integral systems as a starting priority.
- If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
That funding should be made available for operational infrastructure which so many donor platforms are reluctant to support.
- Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links:
The hashtag #amoyofamily defines so much of what we have accomplished. Our increase in attendees, our interactions with the family and community at large, the phenomenal performance ability being showcased and the positive feedback from family, schools, the public that we get daily. Amoyo genuinely cares in so many elements of the lives of our beneficiaries and this is something we are being recognized for. All elements of this journey can be seen in our very engaging facebook page.
- Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
Changing children’s lives and have asked on our facebook page so some answers will be there too. 🙂
Show you care by connecting with Amoyo Performing Arts Foundation via: