What We Were Established to do:-
To lead Social Change on the ground through bankable projects. As a specialist fundraising Not-for-Profit Company (NPC/NGO). To effectively and transparently manage grant funding raised toward Social Development Projects.
We work toward Social Development Goals to tackle poverty in our poor marginalized communities.
Our close proximity to underdeveloped townships identified and prioritized for development under government’s 20PTP agenda – for example, Soshanguve and also surrounding Mabopane, Ga-Rankuwa and Hammanskraal – this places us in an excellent position to undertake important and vital social development projects in poor communities.
How long has your Organisation been operational?
Since January 2020
Is your Organisation a registered entity? If so, please list your registration details below for eg: NPO Number, PBO Number, NPC Number etc
2020 / 008378 / 08
Do you have a Wish List? If so, please post it below:
1. To raise ZAR 1-million by end of 2020.
2. To raise ZAR 5-million within the next 3 years.
3. In accordance with the directives within our constitution: To ensure that our due diligence processes are such, that funding raised is fully accounted for, and used for the purpose for which it is intended – the social upliftment of poor communities (see below).
To perfect our performance metrics for benchmarking our successes (not an easy task): Effective measurement must take into account at least one or a combination of the following:- (1) defining the mission to make it quantifiable — (2) investing in research to show that specific methods work — (3) developing concrete micro-level goals that imply success on a larger scale.
“Measuring what matters in nonprofits” – McKinsey.
4. To make a real, measurable difference to the marginalized, poor people and their communities, at the root level.
Where can we find your Organisation online? Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links:
Our history as ATLAS SDP is short – however, members of our leadership team have been involved in previous great projects, in the social development arena – these included the following two projects:-
1) Vukani-Ubuntu Community Development Projects NPO/PBO (https://www.vukani.co.za/): A leader in the implementation of a number of successful projects throughout the country.
2) The Pneuma Academy of Excellence NPO (http://pneumaacademy.co.za/): The academy runs a jewellery manufacturing and 3D printing training incubator for SMMEs, which was set up by one of the leads who helped set up the Atlas-SDP NPC.
In total, our lead here at Atlas spent 8 years running programs for the 2 non-profits listed above.
We have a large network of partners from the NPO, government and the private sectors, with a huge knowledge-base which cuts across a number of areas which include engineering, TVET education, and advances in various technologies.