We still need to do alot to reach our goals it will not happen overnight, but the Belhar Youth Development Forum is going to produce good upstanding citizens who is drug free in our community.
Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
Facebook page, Belhar Youth Development Forum.
Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
- We aim to provide much needed life skills to the youth. Assist with reading, homework and also provide arts and crafts as well as Karate classes every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon between 3 and 6pm.
How long has your Organisation been operational?
- Since 2017
In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
- Resources such as material for arts and crafts, and lack of funding.
We rely on donations to feed the youth and we struggle to get parents involved as most of them are either single parents or on drugs.
Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
- Rewarding, stimulating enjoyable
Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
- HIV AIDS awareness, cancer awareness, youth day as well as heritage day to teach the youth about the different awareness programs and give them an opportunity to discover and development new things in society where they can make a difference.
If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
- To be able to safe these youth from drugs and other substance .
In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
- The ability to work together with each other in one community each one feel they stand alone
Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
- Have the courage and willingness to give beyond measure and have patience as it is not easy. You have to put in alot of efforts and time, line up responsible and willingness people to assist in allm fields.
If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
- That’s government give more assistance and provide resources.
Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links
- We took the youth to izoko museum for heritage day,
We could place 2 youth back at school
We are hoping to have our first arts and crafts market on youth day 2018
Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
- Wonderful, Life changing, Great