- Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
- Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
Botshabelo is Tswana meaning “Place to Run to”. With the help of members of Urban Life Church the needs of the local community and the call to be a place of refuge for those hurting in our city had been answered in 2000. Starting out as a Non-Profit Organisation with a few visionaries, Botshabelo grew into a successful organisation going into its 18th year of existence.
Botshabelo’s focus and passion is to transform children’s lives through excellent education and residential care. Our vision is to impact the lives of children that need it most. We want to set children up with the best start in life. Throughout the years, three main projects have been developed:
• Babies Home: care for orphaned and abandoned babies
• Urban Kids Educentre: education of pre-schoolers from disadvantaged and emerging families
• UpliftED Teacher Training: empowering of pre-school staff (teachers and principals) in impoverished settings
- How long has your Organisation been operational?
- In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
Raising the needed funds to support our beneficiaries
- Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
Growth, challenge, joy
- Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
Yenzani Children’s Home, Olievenhoutbosch Creche Forum,
- If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
Donors who are long-term partners interested to connect beyond financial donations.
- In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
- Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
Work with others and ask questions
- If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
Change the expectation on NPOs so that donors understand the need for personnel and admin costs, and also change NPO set ups so that they run their administration with professionalism.
- Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links:
Strength of our finances in the face of a tough economy (growth of current donor involvement)
- Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
Professional, quality-orientated, serving-humanity (sorry… longer hyphenated words )…and they say dynamic 😉