- Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
- Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
The core focus of Child Welfare Bloemfontein & Childline Free State is protecting children from any form of abuse. Our Child protection services include prevention services, pre-statutory, early intervention services as well as statutory services.
- How long has your Organisation been operational?
- In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
Funding is always a concern.
- Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
Calling, challenging, fulfilling
- Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
Each organisation rendering Social Work services in the Mangaung area was allocated a few areas. It is therefor essential that we all work together, especially since it does happen quite often that cases are reported in areas where we do not have any statutory powers, which then has to be referred to an organisation that can help.
- If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
To be able to render essential services, without money concerns.
- In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
Unfortunately the only way to survive is to tun you NGO like a business and business skills are often lacking.
- Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
The need might seem great, but focus on the ones you were able to help and NEVER give up.
- If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
There are so many NGO’s, all doing their own thing. I wish we could all work together, especially when it comes to raising funds.
- Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links:
We are proud of the fact that we have been able to change lives since 1914 and we hope to continue doing that for many years to come.
- Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?