Childline North West
- Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
Childline North West’s services give children from impoverished, rural areas immediate access to services and to be linked to resources in their geographical area. The Childline crisis line is giving children the opportunity and encourage them to speak out against their abusers. Children phoning in on the line know that there are people willing to help them at all times. There is no fee attached for children to access the services. The crisis line is the only service of its kind specifically for children in the North West province. The Childline North West crisis line is manned by experienced, well trained crisis counsellors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Childline crisis line ensures that children who would otherwise not have access to any service can make a free of charge phone call and access a service directly from the crisis line, be counselled on line or be assisted and linked to the closest service provider to the child. The online counselling services also relieve the heavy workload of professionals, because many cases are solved by providing the free, quality and confidential on line counselling services.
- In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
Raising Funds to get the Crisis Line Operational
- Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
A Happy Child
- Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
- If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
To Raise enough money to ensure the future of the Crisis Line
- In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
- Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
Just Hang in there for the sake of our Children
- If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
More CSI Funding
- Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links:
Since 2002, when Childline North West was launched, bringing free telephonic counselling and referral services to all children and their families in the province, it has grown and developed into an effective respected service for children in the province. The North West Crisisline received 18 565 calls during the FY 2016/2017 from children and adults concerned about children with topics ranging from child abuse (sexual, physical and emotional abuse) to poverty, family relationships, HIV/ Aids, domestic violence, disability, missing children, migrant children, educational support and many more.
- Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
Helpline for Children
- Show you care and connect directly with Childline North West