- Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
- Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
Children of the Dawn was set up in May 2002 to support and strengthen rural community initiatives which focus on caring for HIV/AIDS orphans and vulnerable children in South Africa. Children of the Dawn’s goal is to give back a future to these affected children. By applying Children of the Dawn’s model, rural communities are given the financial and technical means to care for their children with a long-term, sustained and holistic approach, looking at the whole spectrum of children’s needs. At Children of the Dawn, we believe in community responses to the challenge of orphaned and vulnerable children who are cared for within their extended family or community settings. We, South African rural communities, believe we have the will, the power and the love to raise a generation of saved children!
- How long has your Organisation been operational?
- In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
- Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
- Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
- If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
To have as many funders as needed
- In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
- Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
Be very clear about what you want to do and do through research before embarking on your journey.
- If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
Making people aware that we truly are not for profit but to help civil society
- Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links:
Having over 50 tertiary students all coming from rural backgrounds and having any odds against them.
- Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
Committed Amazing Caring