CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation SA
- Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
- Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
Provides comprehensive countrywide support for children with cancer and other life-threatening blood disorders, and their families. Our comprehensive support improves the welfare and quality of care to children with cancer and offers families a wide range of psychosocial services and practical support such as counselling, free accommodation close to treatment centres, free transport and transport fund to ensure that no child abandons treatment due to the family not affording transport costs, food parcels as they recognise the financial difficulties families often face and parent to parent support groups. CHOC plays a leading advocacy role through cancer awareness campaigns and lobbying. We also train and educate healthcare professional, homebased care workers and traditional practitioners on the early warning signs of childhood cancer to promote early detection.
- How long has your Organisation been operational?
- In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
Late diagnosis of children with cancer
- Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
Keeping more than hope alive
- Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
Yes we do
- If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
- In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
- Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
Never give up no matter how tough it gets
- If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
Having to request for funding
- Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links:
- Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
Amazing work for children