Curriculum Development Project (CDP) Trust
- Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
- Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
CDP is an arts, education and training organisation. We use the creative arts as a vehicle for empowerment, inspiration, skills development and transformation in a unique and exciting way. The programmes we provide are divided into four units: Early Childhood Development Unit; Schools and Youth UNIT; Women’s Unit and Publications Unit. CDP delivers it’s programmes nationally and in the Southern African countries. Our vision is to change communities through arts education.
How long has your Organisation been operational?
1989 – 28 years
- In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
To consistently sustain the organisation
- Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
Innovative, empowerment and transformative
- Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
Yes, there is always a thread that runs through the services we provide and collaborating with organisations and the causes that they stand for are critical for the success of projects.
- If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
To be sustainable and to continue impacting the communities we serve.
- In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
- Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
Have a workable strategic plan, good governance and monitoring and evaluation systems in place.
- If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
Value and invest in the services that nonprofits provide.
- Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links:
CDP is most proud of our footprint nationally and in Southern Africa.
- Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
Inspirational, transformative and empowerment