DAKTARI Bush School & Wildlife Orphanage
- Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
- Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
DAKTARI Bush School & Wildlife Orphanage works in the South African bush to educate local children about the environment and ignite their passion for wildlife. Each week, DAKTARI welcomes eight new students to our camp to attend lessons, do activities, and interact with the animals in our wildlife orphanage. The wildlife orphanage is home to more than 80 animals that are unable to survive in the bush. They live out their lives at DAKTARI, acting as animal ambassadors to teach the children. Our work extends outside of the camp as well. We host weekly Eco Clubs at the local secondary schools to reinforce the education the students receive at DAKTARI. The children also work with us to undertake community development projects.
- How long has your Organisation been operational?
- In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
- Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
fulfilling, stimulating, challenging
- Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
- If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
Unlimited access to funding to expand our projects
- In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
- Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
Never give up
- If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
- Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links:
There have been many but seeing children that have been to DAKTARI later pursuing a career in protecting wildlife and the environment always makes us proud
- Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
dynamic, inspiring, thriving