Early Learning Foundation Montessori Teacher Training Centre
ELF MTT’s vision is to develop quality preschools in communities by helping women acquire the education, skills and resources necessary to improve the preschool education in communities and build self-sufficient prosperous lives.
Our commitment is to the young child. We believe that to put the young child first, we need to increase the capacity of individuals, communities and organisations to provide quality ECD services.
Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
Early Lerning Foundation Montessori Teacher training centre
Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
- The Early Learning Foundation Montessori Teacher Training Centre (ELF MTT) offers professional accredited training in the field of Montessori Early Childhood Education. As a private NPO we ensure an intimate safe environment for young adults, women and parents in which to learn and develop new skills to work with young children ages 0-6 years. Our SAQA aligned certificate and diploma programmes are recognised Nationally and in some instances Internationally.
The centre offers a:
DUAL DIPLOMA: National Diploma in ECD (Level 5)
AND Montessori Pre-Primary (3-6) Diploma
SETA QUALIFICATION I.D.: 23118DUAL CERTIFICATE: Further Education & Training Certificate in ECD (level 4)
AND Infant & Toddler Certificate (0-3)
SETA QUALIFICATION I.D.: 58761
How long has your Organisation been operational?
- since 1995
In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
- Accessing funding as a new NPO in ECD
- Marketing of the NPO
Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
- Passionate, professional,commitment
Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
- STOP Hunger Now, VW CSI, Tsibogang
If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
- A staff member who can fundraise and market the organization
In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
- Fundraising, management, marketing, ICT
Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
- Speak to other non profits when thinking of starting.
- Research venues for funding
If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
- More fairness – openness with regards to funding and making a space for new organizations.
- Funders need to look beyond the NPO’s they fund regularly
Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links
- A women’s organisation that empowers women and young adults by Providing professional Early Childhood Educators for South Africa
Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
- Inspirational, quality, supportive