Elsen Academy provides quality education for children with learning barriers.
Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
- We are an independent school that caters for children who struggle to learn in the conventional way. We offer remedial support, as well as other therapies such as speech, play and occupational therapy. We accommodate children from grades 1 to 12.
How long has your Organisation been operational?
- 13 years
In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
- Keeping fees affordable while still trying to cover expenses.
Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
- Exciting, challenging, life-changing
Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
SAVE A PET
If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
- To own our property. We pay a heavy rental every month and as we need more space, so rental increases.
In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
- Fundraising, marketing
Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
- It’s not an easy journey. Be open to learn new skills. If you don’t ask, you don’t get.
If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
- Receiving donations should be easier. People aren’t as generous as they used to be. Money is tight.
Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links
- 100% matric pass rate
Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?