- Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
- Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
“Epilepsy South Africa promotes human rights and an inclusive society for persons with disabilities, primarily persons with epilepsy” in addition, our branch manages a huge TB/HIV programme, three social enterprises and skills training projects.
- How long has your Organisation been operational?
Nationally for 50 years and our branch since 1984.
- In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
Finances and the huge needs in the communities we serve.
- Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
Challenging, Innovation, Diversity
- Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
Tumahole Self Help Association for the Disabled, Impukuko Theatre Productions
- If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
- In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
Innovation and governance
- Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
Focus on the impact and from that money can be raised
- If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
Increased collaboration and a enabling government
- Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links:
We have won awards for the ILO Free State Design Challenge, the ILO EnterPrize Job Creation Challenge, recognition from LUSA Community Chest for community building. Our social enterprises, especially the Dome Business Hub and Shuttle service is producing regular income for the organisation
- Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
caring, efficient and successful