We aim for equality, respect and acceptance of the LGBTI+ community.
Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
- We are a NPO that offers a wide range of programmes and services to the LGBTI community. The organisation also works with the broader community to create a more enabling and welcoming environment, in which LGBTI’s can access services and be treated with respect and without discrimination or fear of violence. Our aim is to uplift the LGBTI+ community though our various programmes.
How long has your Organisation been operational?
- 15 years
In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
- Due to the nature of our organisation, there are not many people who donate. I believe that this is because they believe that these basic human rights do not concern them if they are not a part of the LGBTI+ community.
Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
- Small organisation, big dreams.
Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
- JAW, KZNCC, PACSA, The Other Foundation, Ujaama, Life Line.
If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
- To see our goal of an LGBTI+ friendly world where the community can live freely.
In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
- Fundraising and support.
Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
- I am unable to answer this question.
If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
- We would share resources, have better salaries and make more of a difference.
Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links
- I am not sure. Maybe the high volume of followers on Facebook. We currently have 3,477 followers.
Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
- Colourful, helpful, meaningful