In 2013, Mama Grace who is the backbone and founder of the organization, took it upon herself to help a small group of orphans who needed food to eat and clothes to wear. Months later, this group grew rapidly, and it is then that her kids started to assist her as she needed more hands. Super markets were then approached for donations (groceries). In 2017, Grace Nations NPO was formally registered and already feeds about 4 different areas in Pietermaritzburg ie: Imbali, Slenge, Nyamazane and France.
Grace Nations is committed to:
• Giving hope to the hopeless in our communities
• Displaying integrity, morality and an ethical behaviour.
• Waging war against poverty and social ills affecting our communities.
• Developing people so that they become independent.
List of activities implemented by Grace Nations
• We give soup and bread daily and warm full meal 2 times a week. Fridays we give food parcels to over 200 people.
• Grace Nations covers about 4 different areas in Pietermaritzburg ie: Imbali, Slenge, Nyamazane and France.
• In 2018 we launched skills enhancement programmes for our beneficiaries which includes homebased care. We invited professionals to share knowledge and had specific focus on skills development through training by partnering with accredited institutes.
• We assist beneficiaries with finding general work/ Housekeeping jobs.
• In June 2018, Grace Nations held a successful March raising awareness. The theme was “Stop abuse and killing of women and children.”
How long has your Organisation been operational?
6 years but officially registered a NPO in 2017
Is your Organisation a registered entity? If so, please list your registration details below for eg: NPO Number, PBO Number, NPC Number etc
NPO number is 194-860
Do you have a Wish List? If so, please post it below:
• Park home
• Kitchen equipment including stove, chefing dishes, cupboards, fridge, dishes, cutlery
• 3 pole tent
• 300 plastic chairs (heavy duty)
• 30 tables
• Vehicle (Van)
• Groceries monthly supply
• Toiletries monthly supply
• Staff salaries
• 5 Laptops
• 1 Printer / copy machine
• 5 Office desks and chairs
• JOJO tank
Where can we find your Organisation online? Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links:
We are proud that over 200 people (our beneficiaries) do not go to sleep on an empty stomach. Because we make sure that we knock until we get help so that they will have food on their tables.
We are proud that we have hosted 2 trainings where the main purpose is to enhance skills of our beneficiaries so they will stand a better chance to get employment.