The aim of Ikhaya Loxolo is to provide education and training to people with special needs.
In our work we strive towards self sufficiency as well as living a fulfilled life to the maximum of everyone’s ability regardless of their disability. We aim to produce and provide products or services of quality that have a healing, non-invasive impact on the environment and the community of Elliotdale and the immediate surrounding communities.
Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
- Ikhaya Loxolo is a registered Non-Profit Organization that deals with children with special needs, farming program for youth and women and a tutoring program and after school program for struggling learners by providing them with academic support.
How long has your Organisation been operational?
- since 2005
In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
- The limit of resources because we are in a rural area far from the big cities its a disadvantage for us be it funding, equipment like computers of people with skills to help us grow as an organization.
Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
- It’s not easy but worth it
Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
- Yes, Ikhala trust, DWF
If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
- To have more resources that will help sustain the project for a very long time.
In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
- Management Skills.
Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
- To be strong have collaborations and partnerships with the right people.
If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
- Having to do a lot in order to get funding but we doing a great job better than other government departments
Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links
- winning awards for the farming project, seeing disabled learning be able to do things for them self and going back to be apart of society.increase of children pass rate in the schools we are tutoring and doing the after school program in and also drop in school drop out due to the academic support we give to struggling learners.
Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
- Hope of the community