iThemba School Fish Hoek
- Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
- Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
iThemba School Fish Hoek provides Early Childhood Development care and preschool education to 60 children aged 3-6 from disadvantaged backgrounds. Each child is valued and nurtured in a safe and supportive environment, ensuring their spiritual, physical and mental development.
- How long has your Organisation been operational?
iThemba School was founded in 2012
- In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
There are many Early Childhood Development projects in South Africa, the challenge is developing our distinctive voice and gaining recognition within surrounding communities and further afield for what we are achieving so that we can broaden our support base.
- Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
Challenging, inspirational, joyful
- Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
We partner with the Chaeli Campaign and Inclusive Education SA
- If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
To be able to expand our reach to become a primary school, building on the foundations we lay in the preschool stages and giving our children access to the best possible primary education so that they become inspirational role models within their communities.
- In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
Good sound business development skills
- Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
Don’t rush – take your time to get your foundations right in terms of your founding documents, your organisational structure and your leadership. These things can make or break you later on.
- If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
Greater communication and collaboration.
- Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links:
Seeing previous children go on and thrive in primary school.
- Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
Caring, committed, professional