Jewels of Hope
- Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
- Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
Jewels of Hope builds vulnerable individuals and communities into champion spaces where asset-based citizen-led development can take place; where communities can find the gems within and unleash their own potential to thrive
- How long has your Organisation been operational?
Started in 2004; officially registered in 2008
- In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
Becoming known and attracting support
- Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
Small, determined, proactive
- Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
Christian AIDS Bureau for Southern Africa
- If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
Greater capacity to fulfil our dreams
- In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
The ability to think outside the (funding) box
- Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
Start with what you have, where you are and do what you can
- If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
More understanding funding sector
- Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links:
Jewels of Hope started as a jewellery-making project for vulnerable children 13 years ago. The model was not sustainable and we are now in the process of finalizing an exciting pilot to test our new model, which is focused on Asset-Based Citizen-led Development (ABCD). www.facebook.com/groups/ABCDAfricaCoP
- Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
Resilient, brave, committed