Kadesh International Literacy Matters
We teach children to read with meaning and purpose. In their mother tongue and in English.
Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
- We work with children and learners that is at very high risk of reading failure.
How long has your Organisation been operational?
- 12 years
In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
- Funding to implement projects.
Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
- Progressive proactive solutions.
Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
- Violence against eomen and children
If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
- To become the benchmark for literacy in South Africa.
In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
- Access to proper information. And proposal writting.
Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
- Hang in there and pace yourself. Its a long road for your cause to be fruitfull
If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
- We should amalgamate our objectives and form a united front.
Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links
- Reading ability amongst learners. I was proud when children who could not read after 2 weeks started reading by themselves. New horizons opened for them.
Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
- Tenacious, open and flexible