Masakhane Pension and Disable Group Organization
To maintain peace amongst the did- orientated families and also by mending families disputes working hand in glove with the community leaders, councilors and the municipality.
Masakhane was established to attend to the general needs of the community and come with solutions to make better the standard of living in the community that we live in, be it by economical up lifting through projects of construction and up grading of existing services, new development, entrepreneurial skills, and spirit building events and monuments celebrations.
Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
- House Evictions
How long has your Organisation been operational?
- 15 years
In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
- Resources to enable communications
Venue for daily operations
Funds for sustainability
Stipend for volunteers
we lost a lot of good and competent workers due to non payment
Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
- we share knowledge
Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
- Earth Life Africa
Rethabeleng Elders Health Organization
Traditional Leaders Organization
Old Age Home
If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
- To reach all 9 provinces in South Africa and help those in need especially the rural settlement dwellers, the vulnerable people; Pensioners and Disabled.
In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
- Financial Skills and Management.
Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
- Never give up
If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
- Business knowledge to assist sustainability in a long run, and less reliability to government grant. grant is good for start up but when already well established we need skills to grow.
Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links
- Facilitation project with FSB, reaching under civilised communities in different provinces and helping the claim their in claimed pension funds.
Resolving family disputes, bringing about peace and harmony.
Intervention with Telkom solutions of Electricity bills.
Projects of economical upliftment.
Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?