Mazarat Animal Rescue (Waterfall) is a Pro Life & safe haven for rescue animals. We rescue, vet, treat, rehabilitate and rehome discarded dogs and cats. Our organization is run by part time volunteers in our community. Together to raise awareness of rescue, adoption, sterilization and community education and support.
Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
- Mazarat Animal Rescue, is a registered NPO & PBO based in Waterfall KZN. We rent and are allocated space by Pets Country Club boarding kennels & cattery in order to provide an animal rescue service to the community, as we do not own our own property or facilities. We are a safe haven & no-kill shelter for rescued, abandoned or surrendered animals run by part time volunteers.We the volunteers & Committee members, work at Mazarat Rescue Kennels in our spare time & help raise much needed funds, donations & sponsored goods. We rely on our local community for help, donations & support.
Things we always need:
• Cat & dog food;
• Volunteers to help walk dogs & play with cats;
• Money for veterinary treatment;
• People willing to help organise fundraisers;
• Help with maintenance of kennels & cattery;
• Tick/flea spot on & de-wormer for cats & dogs.
If you or your company would like to come visit or sponsor our rescues,
lend a hand at the kennels or sign up as a Volunteer,
we would be more than happy to receive you!
For more information or to come up & visit the rescue dogs & cats, please contact:
Margie Rae 082 695 4148 (Mazarat Animal Rescue – Secretary)
Andy Blazeby 083 225 2886 (Mazarat Animal Rescue – Chairman)
How long has your Organisation been operational?
- Over 5years
In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
- The most challenging, frustrating and stressful aspect is raising funds in order to operate and continue what we do. We rely solely on community support and donations.
Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
- Scary Exciting Fulfilling
Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
- Yes, Inanda Dog & Cat Project , Valley Dogs KZN and Freedom Ride Powerbreed Rescue
If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
- To secure monthly or corporate sponsorship
In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
- Constant upskilling in pet health/veterinary treatments, legalities of animal rescue outside of the NSPCA and fund raising
Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
- Don’t give up! Tough times don’t last, tough people do. If you believe in what you are doing, if you believe in your cause and are compassionately passionate about it, keep moving forward. Seek to improve your services and your volunteers. Motivate and recruit more volunteers.
If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
- Animal Rescue Nonprofit gain support and financial aid from big companies (as prerequisite) as part of social responsibility along with Nonprofits aimed at Children
Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links
- Launching & hosting an Annual Event – Rescue Organisations Educational Conference (ROEC) KZN 2018 – a first of it’s kind in our province. Open to all animal rescue organisations across KZN as a source of upskilling, education and unity. We all need to keep up to date with legalities and permissions etc working along side SPCA; Education on current chronic issues rescues in our fileds; Holistic and conventional medical treatments & support; Products awareness – https://www.facebook.com/Mazarat-ROEC-1990328324575796/ This event is our brain child and will be hosted by us on the 10th February 2018.
Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
- Caring Improved Small