RYI acknowledges the psychological breakdown of SA communities through apartheid, as such, our story sees a success of a township institutions to level up in the international playground, as leaders and strong role players in all competitive industries. Following years of trial and error in Khayelitsha, RYI constantly develops strategies to engage youth in leadership roles to influence a new pattern of psychological advance. Our organisation partners with schools and homes, who form crucial stakeholders in developing an positive effective cycle, that not only eradicates mass skepticism but builds competitive best practices to develop a township child.
Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
- Real Youth International fosters positive attitudes of self-belief and self-esteem, pivotal to a goal setting culture which are empowered by their sports start “avatar”. Our programmes sessions aim to make aware an inner greatness, we simply provide the theater for their best versions to take shape.RYI provides sports management services for schools, households and community programmes in South African townships. Through hosting leagues, sports events, managing school sports, hosting social programmes, we have access to educating the future leaders of Africa. We believe most work has to be done toward the empowerment of the African psychology. We thereofre influence quality sports attributes to advance household cohesion and encourage child-parent activities in township communities.
How long has your Organisation been operational?
In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
- Insufficient Management
As a founder of the org anisation, it has been my obligation to find suitable, driven boardmember to work along.
- Human Resource
Given enough resources allocated, we could fund salaries and create employment for training, and placement to a partner school as Sport Admin. We need funding to create leadership jobs.
- Fundraising SGB
We will influence workshops for a fundraising committee. Many township schools afford to fund their own sport programmes and improve township quality education.
- Access to funds
With access to funds we would activate hundreds of sports programmes, using marketing as an attractive tool, we are confident that mass psychology is key toward progressive communities.
Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
- Awakening, Effective, Fulfilling
Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
We aim to collaborate with:
- Tutoring companies/organisations
- Local Business
- – Driving schools – we want all graduates to matriculate with a driving licence to tertiary. This will also improve the quality of road users.
- – Media institutions – career building, job shadowing, skills development
- – Social Educational Organisations – environmental health, financial literacy, animal rights, human rights
- South African Police Service
- We aim to play a role in using preventative measures to reduce crime. Our afterschool social programmes will champion the efforts of a safe Africa.
If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
- For adequate funds to fuel a multi-field cooperative (fundraiser cycle in which organisation like myself can be community-funded)
In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
- Financial Administration
Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
- Do your research. Find a mentor in your first week of conviction.
If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
- Lack of diverse approaches
Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links
- Through RYI, we have:
Refurbished 5 school basketball courts
Started a training programme + social league (30 members for now – target 1000 members in 2018)
Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
- Good idea, Vision-driven, Persisting