We really do want to make a difference in peoples lives and if this means that we can provide accommodation, food or just a shoulder to cry on then we are achieving.
Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
- We make a difference in peoples lives by providing accommodation, food, clothing and training to our children and senior citizens. We are also involved in various outreach programs with partners and feed around 500 people a week.
How long has your Organisation been operational?
- We started in 1979
In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
- Finances will always be a challenge because without funding we cannot meet the needs of the people that we work with
Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
- Love and more love
Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
- Yes we work with Mission 96, Opening Doors Charity, Christway Ministries, Christ Hope Ministries, The Hamlet, UCPASA, St Mary’s
If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
- To give me the wisdom to make the right decisions which impact on peoples lives
In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
- Administration, Sales and Marketing (especially with fund raising), IT, HR, Cash-low management, General Management
Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
- Focus in one area only – do not spread yourself too thin
If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
- The perception that we are a charity. There are some very well qualified people working in this segment – all trying to make a difference in peoples lives but there is still that perception that this is charity work and you do not need skills to make a difference
Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links
- With the ongoing difficulties that NGO’s experience in all facets of business I am proud of the people that are prepared to take on the responsibility to work the hours that they do for little or no recompense or reward because they have a driving need to make a difference
Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
- Difficult but loved