- Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
Twitter : @RunwayNPO
- Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
We are an NPO that assists poor rural youth access higher education qualifications and skills- as an overarching goal. Within that we focus on youth in the rural area,the disadvantaged, the orphaned to: help them through their high school careers via mentorship and tutoring. Encouragement and personal career guidance.
To provide career guidance to rural youth
Create awareness on post matric opportunities
Provide access to scarce skills and occupation info
Provide computers, internet and help Grade 12s apply to financial aid and for tertiary admissions
Fund a portion of application and registration fees for learners at need
- How long has your Organisation been operational?
1 year and 2 months
- In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
Starting! Having a vision is one thing but putting that vision into practice is another (hard) thing. So the start up was not easy, we needed to be clear about our aim and on ways to achieve that aim.That is something that requires a lot of commitment and research. Once that is done i believe everything else sort of falls into place.
- Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
Authentic, stressful and mind-opening
- Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
Yes, Youth entrepreneurship
- If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
To have a website
- In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
Strategic planning skill
- Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
Make sure you have the right people on board, the ones that will have the same vision and put in a fair amount of work into it. Be committed and lay a foundation for your chosen cause and believe in it.
- If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
Perception around NPOs undertaking work or contracts such as consultancy to sustain themselves.
- Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links:
1. Being able to work with other great NGOs outside our community (doing career guidance), letting them experience what we do and have them applauding to it and seeing the relevance as well as the need in our particular community for such information.
— Runway Organisation (@RunwayNPO) March 22, 2017
2. Seeing how rural learners respond to the act of been given free access to a resource that will help them change and better their lives. Its priceless!
- Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
Real, helping , dedicated