- Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
- Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
The South African Paint Manufacturing Association (SAPMA) is a Trade Association representing 90% of paint manufactured in South Africa, representing paint manufacturers, raw material and services suppliers, paint retailers and painting contractors. Uplift the coatings industry by providing statistical information, Promote sustainable innovation, Promote the industry and exports, Maintain ethical and competitive standards, Provide and interface between the coatings industry and Government and regulatory bodies. Through our training arm; SAPITI, ensure the training of our members and the next generation of skilled work force with the Surface Coatings Technologist National Certificate Qualification, Raw Material Preparation Skills Programme, Retail Sales Skills Programme and Paint Applicators Skills Programme.
- How long has your Organisation been operational?
- In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
Lack of funding and human resources
- Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
Voice, Education, Ethics.
- Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
British Coatings Federation (BCF), Chemical & Allied Industries Association (CAIA), Oil, Chemists & Colour Association (OCCA), International Paint & Printing Ink Council (IPPIC), Responsible Packaging Management Association of SA (RPMASA), SA Industrial Container Reconditioners Association (SAICRA Rose Foundation)
- If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
- In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
- Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
Access to funding, Access to skilled and talented human resources and Access to latest technology software.
- If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
Access to funding
- Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links:
Accreditation of Surface Coatings Technologist National Certificate Qualification
Accreditation of Assessment Centre, Cleveland, Johannesburg
Completion of Retail sales personnel On-line training modules
Department of Agriculture, Fisheries & Forestry – successful negotiations regarding interpretation of agricultural remedies pertaining to biocides and get member’s imported products cleared at ports
Department of Environmental Affairs – Import duties on resins
Department of Health – Import restrictions on lead pigments used in industrial coatings
Lead-free public relations campaigns
SAPMA Golf Day
- Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
Ethics, Education, Information