SIYAFUNDA CTC’s core values are collaboration & partnerships, capacity building, complementing services; making it a replicable and scalable model for implementation.
Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
Facebook: Ahmed Ismael Smiley
Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
- SIYAFUNDA CTC enables Information and Community Knowledge Centres, where people can access Computers, the Internet, and other digital technologies that enable them to gather information, create, learn, and communicate with others while they develop essential digital skills. The focus is on the use of digital technologies to support community, economic, educational, and social development—reducing isolation, bridging the digital divide, promoting health issues, creating economic opportunities, and reaching out to youth.
SIYAFUNDA CTC establishes partnerships and relationships with multi-stakeholders; local governments & municipalities, private business organisations, community based organisations, schools, universities in delivering Community Technology Centres in previously disadvantaged areas, thereby making the vision a reality:“Ensuring that all citizens are computer competent and have access to information and communication technologies, the internet”
SIYAFUNDA CTC provides the management and operational skills and capacity, in supporting sustainable projects and initiatives in uplifting communities by “bringing ICT to the communities”.
This initiative also envisages skilling the youth, the unemployed, women, people with disabilities, thereby making them employable and alleviating unemployment by networking with recruitment agencies, government agencies and businesses, thus becoming an enabler for job creation.
SIYAFUNDA CTC is a network hub for sustainable community knowledge centres of excellence in South Africa.
How long has your Organisation been operational?
- From 2006
In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
- Capacity Building of community partners
Sustainability of community partners
Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
- Innovative Creative Visionary
Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
- Social Entrepreneurship
If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
- In the service of communities and making it a better life for all
In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
- Think out of the box – explore new solutions for the socio-economic challenges in your communities using technology
If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
- Transform traditional ngos to social enterprises
Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links
- http://www.peoplemagazine.co.za/real-people/intel-for-women-technology-empowermenthttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbLDdDMvnq4 (SABC PROFILING IVORY PARK)
https://youtu.be/a5dk_ZWpqS0 (INTEL AFRICA SUMMIT – KENYA JANUARY 2016 on SABC)
Now on #Forbes: Jobs in South Africa: A Gift for Every Season http://www.forbes.com/sites/sap/2013/12/18/jobs-in-south-africa-a-gift-for-every-season/
Jobs in #SouthAfrica #SAP helps deliver gifts that know no season: training and education for disadvantaged youths http://scn.sap.com/community/business-trends/blog/2013/12/17/jobs-in-south-africa-a-gift-for-every-season
Entrepreneurship, South African Style Improved Access to Technology Boosts South African Entrepreneurs SAP and Siyafunda Community Technology Centres
The story on the SIYAFUNDA CKCs – COMMUNITY KNOWLEDGE CENTRES is now live on the Cisco website: http://csr.cisco.com/casestudy/south-africa-ckc
Blog by the ORANGE FARM CKC Manager James Sekhonyane is also live on Huffington Post Impact
Siyafunda Community Technology Centre was profiled on SABC2 GROWING TOMORROW Program on 17 APRIL, 2013 go to you tube: http://youtu.be/XfZ6CSRnciU
The SKA film – Siyafundactc Carnarvon Centre showcased
Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?