The SolidRock Humanitarian Foundation is registered and incorporated under Section 21 of the Companies Act of 1973 and has been operational in South Africa since 2011. the main business of SolidRock Humanitarian Foundation is to carry on its public benefit activity, as defined in Section 30(1) of the Income Tax Act of 1962, in a non-profit manner and with an altruistic or philanthropic intent. It will operate and conduct all of its on-profit activities under the guidelines set up by the legal authorities that will determine its function as the above prescribed entity.
The SolidRock Foundation has been involved in several social upliftment programs within disadvantaged communities for more than 14 years by assisting various edification programs in informal settlements around Johannesburg, South Africa.
The SolidRock Foundation’s focus has been feeding families in nearby informal squatter developments and providing the essential needs that are lacking in these informal settlements. To achieve this and other project initiatives, the SolidRock Foundation will need further funding from various international foundations and donors.
Part of the SolidRock Foundation’s primary objective will be to expand its operation and exposure by networking closely with other humanitarian organizations and non-profit agencies with similar interests. The foundation will also adopt the necessary skills to effectively meet its desired objectives and provide for the poor at their ultimate point of need. The foundation firmly believes that, with God’s help and that of its dedicated team, its well-seasoned skills, service delivery and well-planned operations will accomplish what it will be trained through experience to accomplish. It is confident about making inroads into poverty-stricken areas in its own country, Africa and developing countries of our shared world.
Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
- Non-Profit, Public Benefit Organization providing food and humanitarian services needs to informal settlement communities in South Africa. We are a Christian Organization and our services include : food banks, elementary education, skills development, centres for abused women, and other care facilities.
How long has your Organisation been operational?
- Since January 2011. (6 years).
In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
- Receiving funding from donors, and getting corporate participation in caring for the poor of our country.
Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
- Touched by God.
Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
- Yes, Tumi Frazier Academy and Foundation. Helping with entrepreneur skills and leadership development.
If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
- That we will always be available to make the informal sector communities to work together to improve their circumstances and self development and self sustainable.
In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
- Getting corporate participation in adopting projects and corporate staff participation. This networking between companies and non-profit participation. MASTER FISCAL DISCIPLINES IN YOUR PERSONAL FINANCES AND THIS WILL TRANSLATE INTO GOOD ACCOUNTABILITY AND PROPER FINANCIAL DISCIPLES IN THE NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION.
Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
- Stay focused on what service matrix that started and launched a npo and grow it with ethical principles and accountability. Do not deviate from the original intent and purpose, employing only like minded personnel who have similar intent and purpose.
If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
- Self sustainability, and a collective cohesion of working together with other voluntary agencies. This is lacking – the common goal is there, however there is no networking and a passing on of skills and ideas to better services needs to disadvantaged individuals and communities.
Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links
- Feeding and hungry at their point or need and knowing that you added value to human life that can translate to communities looking after each other, rather that self only attitude.
Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
- Making a difference.