- Where can we find your Organisation online?
- Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
The mission of SATSA is to provide, through sports and other physical activities, an information and support network for members to promote quality of life of organ transplant recipients, recognize contributions made by donors and families, and to create more public awareness of the need for and benefits of organ donation and transplantation
- How long has your Organisation been operational?
- In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
Due to its very unique make-up and position in sport, SATSA does not have the possibility to draw large funding from the traditional sponsors who rightfully look for large returns as far as exposure on national and international television, radio and the printed media. The lack of funding is curbing events, timeframes and planning.
- Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
Optimising (the) Quality (of) Life
- Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
Organ Donor Federation, World Transplant Games Federation, Sunflower Fund
- If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
Greater awareness and knowledge of Transplant Sports, a better understanding of how transplanted persons can take their place in society and measurable increases in the numbers of people that register as Organ & Tissue Donors;
- In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
- Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
Awareness of your cause of the utmost importance
- If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
- Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links:
One of three finalists in the Murray & Roberts Letsema Awards on 2017
- Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
Organised, Transparent, Focussed