- Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
- Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
We expose wildlife crime, working together with the governmental institutions to do so. We are trying, (unsuccessfully) to get to our ultimate aims, and that is working together with the rural poverty stricken, disenfranchised people, to be able to teach, and develop the means in which these communities are able to become custodians of wildlife, to protect said wildlife, and for them to be able to access the vast tourism potential available to them. Lack of donor funding has inhibited SAFFR thus far.
- How long has your Organisation been operational?
- In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
Lack of donor funding or sponsorship
- Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
Frustrating and difficult
- Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
Yes African Counter Poaching Federation (ACPF)
- If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
To help the poor communities access their heritage, and for them be a part of the solution to stopping the poaching in South Africa, and to enable these communities to have earning potential via the tourism industry
- In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
Many lack transparency. I cannot speak of anything else, as I myself lack many skills
- Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
If at first you do not succeed, keep trying.
- If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
More vital information on how to access finding
- Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links:
The presentation of a petition to upgrade the white rhino to appendix 1, to Mr John Scanlon, the Secretariat of CITES last year September (2016) An astonishing achievment.
- Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
Honest, brave and passionate organisation.