The Papillon Foundation
- Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
- Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
Papillon runs several social improvement projects.
1. Computer basic training for unemployed and needy persons. 9677 community members trained thus far in accredited courses.
2. Support for early childhood development. 2 creches, 3 care centres, and special needs schools supported.
3. Computer Refurbishment Project. 1713 donated computers refurbished and place at smaller Npo,s, Ngo,s, and other worthy causes.
4.Distribution of donated goods to poor areas. 422 Tons of goods freely distributed to worthy causes across the country.
5. Free Trauma Training for Child Handlers. (New) 335 Emergency workers, SAPS Trauma volunteers, Ngo staff, Hospital and Clinic staff and Creche staff has thus far been trained in accredited trauma courses.
- How long has your Organisation been operational?
Founded in 2002.
- In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
- Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
Empowering, Innovative, Accountable.
- Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
Yes. ICDL, E-Learner, Computers4Kids, IITPSA, Techsoup, Phambano, LamB Intl.
- If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
Suitable funding for projects.
- In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
Management, Communication and Accountability.
- Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
NPO and NGO work is not a job! It requires passion and a true heart.
- If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
I would like the splintered scenario of so many small non profits screaming for money, to be united under an umbrella body (non government) that could distribute equal shares to everyone.
- Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links:
I am proud of all our projects and a visit to our website will show you some amazing achievements on tiny budgets.
- Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
Amazing, Miraculous, Sacrificial.