Tswelelang Traditional Dancers group was established in 2000 by a group of young dynamic dancers from Logageng in Ratlou area. The group comprises of 20 members, 10 female dancers and 10 male dancers.
Tswelelang Cultural Dancers was formed with sole purpose of contributing meaningfully to the enhancement of the performing arts in the province, given the proud record, which the province has in producing quality performers from all genres of the performing arts.
Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
b. What we do
Tswelelang is committed to the creation of artistic performances in dance, music, poetry and musical theatre. Its primary target audience is the people from the rural communities who are seldom exposed to the mainstream entertainment industry in line with the services offered by the organisation.
2. Strategy & Vision
The establishment of a leading platform for progressive cultural dancers and performing artists to emerge from the rural communities of the North West Province.
Tswelelang Cultural Dancers will accomplish its vision by:
• Promoting a progressive and sustainable development of the performing arts, especially in rural areas of our province.
• Training and building capacity for our artists involved in this sector.
• Effective community partnerships.
a. Mission statement
Effective utilisation of the abundant artistic talent that exists in our rural communities to create about sustainable livelihoods and make a significant contribution to the national cultural melting pot. Community participation and stakeholder mobilisation are key to these dreams.
• Sound financial management
• Sound corporate governance
3. Business goals & Objectives
• Establish a platform from which our artists from rural areas can showcase their diverse talents.
• Create projects, which can be sustained which artists can benefit from in terms of creating employment for them.
• Secure the necessary funding to put up and perform proposed projects.
• Always identify with our rural audiences through securing a practical performance space, which will be practically accessible, noting the challenges of our targeted audiences.
• Ensure equitable empowerment of youth, women and people with disabilities in all the projects undertaken by the organization.
a. Growth strategy
• Sourcing of external talent and skill on a contractual basis to enhance in house capacity
• Diversification of in-house performing arts products to create sustainable growth
• Investment in strategic asserts of value to the future of the organisation
4. Products & Services
Traditional dance, music, poetry, drama & story-telling, beadwork, performing arts skills transfer and consultancy.
Theatrical performances, live concerts, audio music production and professional dance competitions.
How long has your Organisation been operational? *
In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation? *
Funding to run the organisation has been the most challenging aspect and the ever changing political and social landscape
Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
1. It was a very thorny journey
Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
Yes, Reaipela Cultural Group
If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
Access to funding
In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
To always strive for change and never give up despite the ever increasing challenges they would face in running their organisation and always to knock on doors and seek opportunities
If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
To be able to access the necessary funding to put up their envisaged projects
Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links:
Being a winner in the Golden Shield Heritage Awards in the Voice Of Heritage Category in 2017. Cerificate, Award and a 15 thousand cheque was issued. For more info visit the National Heritage Website on www.nhc.org.za Gosha Awards 2017
Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?