uSizo Lwanamuhla Community Consultation
- Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
- Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
uSizo Lwanamuhla (USL) is an NPO established in 2010 aimed at integrating modern medicine and traditional healing in the combating of diseases, primarily by using the traditional health practitioners in the development of a culturally competent and comprehensive model of a health care delivery system. USL aims to provide an integrated and effective traditional disease prevention strategy that saves lives by utilizing the readily accessible traditional health care infrastructure – through education.”
MISSION STATEMENT – USL
To integrate modern medicine and traditional healing in the fight against the world’s most dangerous and fatal diseases, by promoting the use of traditional health practitioners (THP) in the development of a culturally relevant and comprehensive model of a health care delivery system driven by health, welfare and safety of community.
- How long has your Organisation been operational?
- In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
Not getting Funded – then as a CEO funding out of my pocket. Orgaisation operates with breaks in between.
- Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
Relevant. Integrated. Empowered.
- Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
Wellness, Health, Education, Awareness.
Had colaboration with :
Aurum Health Institute
Anglo American CSI Projects
- If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
The leading collaboration organisation of Western Medicine and Indegenous Healing.
- In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
- Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
Do a stakeholder management map – and know how to uniquely communicate with each by making sure you meet their objectives.
- If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
Not to give up – perseverance is key.
- Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links:
Testing and referring lives for free at taxi ranks – doing all the work without funding from 2010 till 2013.
- Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
Traditional. Intergrity. Health.