Vervet Monkey Foundation
- Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
- Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
The Vervet Monkey Foundation is a non-profit organization (#020 694 NPO) established in 1993. Our centre is based in Tzaneen in the Limpopo Province of South Africa. We rehabilitate and provide sanctuary to over 500 primates, orphaned, injured, abused, ex-laboratory or unwanted pets.
- How long has your Organisation been operational?
- In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
Funding for running expenses
- Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
inspiring, gratifying, humbling
- Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
Yes we do – PASA sanctuaries
- If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
To be able to compensate those who dedicate themselves to helping
- In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
The question is to broad as each organisation is unique with different skills
- Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
Never give up
- If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
Support from government and local municipalities toward legitimate causes
- Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links:
Baby orphan adoption program
- Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
Inspiring, dedicated, wonderful