- Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
- Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
We provide training and development opportunities for women, youth, the unemployed and other vulnerable groups for the improvement of our communities. To co-operate with and assist community-based groups through training and capacity building (in leadership, life skills, organisational skills, etc.) in order to facilitate meaningful interactions in their various areas of expertise.
We support the establishment and promotion of local business enterprises, as well as raising awareness of issues affecting Vrygrond and surrounding areas and promote co-operation between socially and financially diverse communities in order to contribute to the economic development of our country.
- How long has your Organisation been operational?
- In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
The lack of a South Africa based funder that is willing to support the foundation long term
- Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
Challenging but rewarding
- Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
Rotary Clubs, Butterfly Art Project, Mother’s Unite, Philisa Abafazi Bethu, Capricorn Primary
- If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
To be completely self sustainable and to replicate our organization in another community
- In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
Collaborative platforms, fundraising skills and passion for social change
- Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
To not give up no matter how tough it get, to rather collaborate until strong enough to be independent and to not forget why they started the cause and never to lose their passion.
- If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
Less Red tape, especially report writing and proposal writing
- Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links:
Our Children’s program, it started with one little boy roaming the street looking for food, that is when the need for a ECD arose and 7 years later we have a fully fledged ECD with 93 children and almost 100 aftercare students.
- Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
A worthy cause