World Pillars development programs are spearheaded by Mr Sibusiso Gwala (chairperson) a respected leader in the community very passionate about community development.
Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
Facebook – World Pillars -NPO
Twitter: @World Pillars1
Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
- World Pillars is a registered NPO based in Tshelimnyama/ Pinetown. Our primary focus is set on building morale among the community through various artistic programs. By so doing this our main objective is to offer support to our community who are overcome by substance abuse, crime and family violence. In so doing we hope to be pro-active in our approach by taking preventative measures rather than being reactive. When through their circumstances they only see hopelessness and develop a sense of helplessness we at World Pillars endeavor to show them opportunities through guidance and mentorship, and for them to see and expirience other alternatives in life by making better choices through social cohesive programs that aim at building their confidence and finding better alternatives to drugs and other criminal activities. In 2011 we started a program taking young people off the streets and help them develop teir talents through song and dance. When the opportunity arises youth on our program are invited to perform at various venues much to the delight of the audience. this has helped to instill confidence in them. They now see that there is more to life than drugs and crime. We hope to extend these programs to include pageants, matric dances for disadvantaged schools, modeling and sport.
How long has your Organisation been operational?
- 01 January 2011
In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
- We have not receive funding it a serious challenge and without funds our effort to provide this much needed service to our community is restricted despite our good intentions.
Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
- Very helpful
Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
- We also working with the community clinics in terms of giving medication to the community and other heath programs.
We training sewing to the members of the community
Started several assorted vegetable gardens in around the community
If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
- We wish to be funded so that we can fulfill our organisation dream.
In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
- Proper connection with the communities
If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links
- Giving people certificates after training
Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
- Integrity, respect and passion