We are in the business of changing people’s lives through education and training. Our organization is based on Christian Biblical value and beliefs. However, we welcome ALL people regardless of religion, race and age. We believe that every human being deserves a second chance and we try and support our students throughout their journey as much as we possibly can. We love what we do and we love to see people succeed.
Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
Fisantekraal Center For Development
Facebook: Fisantekraal Center for Development
Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
- Fisantekraal Centre for Development is a non-profit organisation that restores dignity and builds self esteem and self confidence in unemployed people through various skills development courses.Our Vision at Fisantekraal Centre for Development is to significantly decrease unemployment levels in the greater Cape Town area, particularly in previously disadvantaged vulnerable communities.Our Mission is to develop all people, especially unemployed people, socially, emotionally, economically and spiritually for a more meaningful life. We offer various training courses, job readiness, office basics, bake for profit, business skills and frail care. We have also introduced an English bridging course and we are also looking to broaden our capacity in terms of our offered courses.
How long has your Organisation been operational?
- Since 2010
In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
- To get the right funding, enough volunteers, maximizing internal processes and training and being able to run at full capacity (recruitment of students for training). The other part of what we do is placing and matching our students to the right job opportunity. Also to have enough placement partners and jobs shadow partners for when the students finish their training. We are also looking to expand our premises and need funding for that as well.
Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
- Rewarding, exciting and inspiring.
Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
- We do collaborate with many other causes. We are all in the same boat and partnerships are always welcome. Some of the organizations we partner with is Shiloh and Scallibrini (only to name a few).
If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
- To operate at full capacity and be able to expand our premises to help even more people.
In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
- Critical skills (registered nurses, skilled volunteers in specific trained areas)
Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
- Trust in God.
If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
- To support and work together instead of multiplying more of the same.
Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links
- The fact that in 2017 we had a 7 out of 10 placement rate. Our challenge and goal is to increase this in 2018.
Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
- Life changing, loving and supporting.