- Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
Meals On Wheels Community Services
- Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
This is a Non-Profit Organisation that operates nation wide. With 54 years in serving our community, our Mission is to transform lives through charity in motion and working towards a hunger free South Africa. We give prepared meals to the poor of the poorest, the disabled who are unable to do anything by themselves, and to the elderly who find themselves not having enough to buy food for their house hold. With our main focus on four areas which are, Food Security, Poverty Alleviation, Self Sustainability and Fundraising.
Our vision is a hunger free South Africa. We are unable to standby and watch our people go to bed in hunger. That is why we are humbled by the 25 million meals that we have served in the past year. With the help of kind donors and corporate, we now have a fleet of 280 vehicles delivering food, with 512 service points, 208 Branches, Old Age Facilities, Community Creches and Service Centres, we are able to get through to those millions who are in need.
- How long has your Organisation been operational?
- In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
- Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
Growth, sustainability, resilience
- Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
- If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
To reach out to more people suffering from poverty
- In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
Fundraising Skills, Sustainability
- Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
Accountability, transparency and sustainability are of great importance
- If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
Be able to acquire funding to help with the cause
- Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links:
We have managed to grow from serving only 16 meals, to 25 million meals
- Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
Needed, community based, developing