- Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
Facebook: Sistagirl Foundation
- Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
Our goal is to equip at risk and underprivileged girls and women with the skills, abilities, and the sense of self worth they’ll need to make good life decisions about education, career, family ,adolescent parenting ,health and relationships and also guide them from risk factors that threatens their productive adulthood.
- How long has your Organisation been operational?
- In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
Funding has been a challenge
- Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
We have have engaged with many township schools in Atteridgeville, Pretoria with our Toiletry Box Project handovers and hosted our peer to peer all girls forums within schools called Meichoma Girl Talk Forum – they are platforms for girls to discuss social issues such as teen pregnancy, depression and low body image.
- Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
Youth Eagle Development,
- If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
Impact the rural areas.
- In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
Creating self sustainable programs
- Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
Create programs that will fund themselves
- If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
Access to free training and support
- Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links:
- Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?