Provide a learning centre that offers holistic:- spiritual, physical and sound emotional outlook to life
Spacious, clean, happy classrooms that can be used all day every day, where they develop gross motor coordination, fine motor skills, and language skills
- A place where technology is the norm allowing their world to grow
- A safe place to learn and grow and promote trust in themselves
- A special place where children fit in, do not feel left behind and can progress at their own pace and through their own experience
- A place to develop confidence and grow their abilities
- A place where growing their own food is taught and encouraged
- A healthy place where food preparation, nutrition and a love for cooking and baking is encouraged
- A clean environment where cleanliness is the norm and personal hygiene is ordinary
- A love of the nature & the outdoors, where sport and play are safe and part of the daily routine
- A place where animals are treasured, appreciated, cared for and understood.
Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
- To provide an alternative educational centre for children not coping in mainstream education. Our focus is children who have either been left behind, don’t cope in large classrooms, suffer from fetal alcohol or drug syndrome or have other learning disorders. Our aim is to provide small personal teaching spaces where children are exposed to technology, educational toys and alternate learning tools.
How long has your Organisation been operational?
- 9 Years
In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
Finding skilled staff at affordable rates.
Keeping up with technology and affordability of software.
Affordability of staff training.
Red tape required to remain complaint across all spectrum’s of NGO related work.
Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
- Life changing & rewarding
Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
Cherish (after school up-liftment program)
Sedgefield Primêr Skool
If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
- A safe place where children can stay while attending our educational centre.
In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
- Upper management like administration, IT marketing, fundraising & operating.
Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
- Trust your gut, research the needs thoroughly and start small.
If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
- Perception that non profits are not businesses.
Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links
- Supporting and partnering with 3 community based projects in the semi rural area of Nsimbini in KZN who are now fully self sustainable.
Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
- Dedicated passionate devoted