- Please list links to your Website and Social Media Platforms here:
- Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
The Zambian Governance Foundation (ZGF) offers capacity development and grant support to Zambian civil society organisations to enable them to carry out policy engagement work benefiting the poor. ZGF undertakes activities to increase the demand for social accountability and encourages learning and sharing among civil society organisations. In 2016, ZGF established the Business Development Unit as a special purpose vehicle to spearhead the organisation’s social enterprise agenda.
- How long has your Organisation been operational?
- In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
Having a meaningful conversation with donors about building a sustainable organisation
- Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
Dynamic, evolving and influencing
- Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
Global Fund for Community Foundation (South Africa), Public Service Accountability Monitor (PSAM, South Africa), Global Giving, European Union, World Wildlife Fund (WWF), VITALITE, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency
- If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
To be fully self-sustainable
- In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
Access to updated information and ICT facilities
- Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
From the onset, organisations must make an effort to diversify their sources of income rather than relying on donor funding alone.
- If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
Overdependence on foreign donor funding
- Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links:
Our ‘Social Accountability and You’ application (“SAY app”) was nominated as best national digital solution in the category governance and citizen participation for the international World Summit Awards. The SAY app provides easy access to a library of Zambian laws, policies and research on a range of topics. SAY app link- http://bit.ly/2xaZlnQ
- Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
Partner, reliable and exemplary