- Describe in detail what your Organisation does:
The Amy Foundation is a non-profit organisation that offers programmes to develop and empower youth, ages 5-25, living in challenged and vulnerable communities within the Western Cape. Our After School Programme supplements the shortcomings of the educational system in the townships. By focusing on creativity the Amy Foundation aims to make learning enjoyable while also fostering the drive for academic success. Our Youth Skills Development Programme prepares young people for employment.
- How long has your Organisation been operational?
- In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running your Organisation?
- Describe your Nonprofit Journey in three words:
Together Changing Lives
- Do you collaborate with other Causes? If yes, would you like to mention them?
Yes, Love Life, Beautiful Gate, Learning Trust, Sporting Chance, Nali Bali, MOD, Sisanda Foundation
- If you had one Organisation wish, what would it be?
That our services as a NPO would no longer be needed and that our children would be safe, well educated and fed everyday with loving parents or guardians looking after them.
- In your opinion, which skills do Nonprofits in your Country lack?
Financial and Governance
- Looking back at your Cause Journey, what advice would you give a newbie Organisation?
Collaborate and partner – Do not reinvent the wheel
- If you could change one thing about the Nonprofit Landscape, what would it be?
Collaboration and partnerships
- Which Cause achievement are you most proud of? Feel free to elaborate on why and include any links:
WINNER IN THE GOLD CATEGORY FOR THE WC DSD 2016 MINISTERIAL YOUTH EXCELLENCE AWARDS
- Last question, if your friends had to describe your Organisation in three words, which would they use?
Transparent, inspirational and life changing
- Show you care by connecting with Amy Foundation formerly The Amy Biehl Foundation Trust via: